Friday 15 September 2017

Snowy Christmas

Hello everyone! I managed to create a card over the last two days that I would like to share with you. Why did it take me two days? I had an attack of vertigo today which slowed me down considerably. If you haven't ever had vertigo, it really isn't fun :( Anyway, I am off to bed soon so would like to show you my card -


I have some new goodies to play with that have arrived at the Happy Little Stampers shop. Decorative Snow and Fantasy Snow - how cool!

I can only dream of a White Christmas (it is stinking hot here in Australia at that time of year) and I really love making these sorts of cards.

Last night I did cut my HLS Christmas Tree dies. I pressed each die cut onto my versamark pad, sprinkled WOW! Mint Macaroon powder, then heat set the powder. TIP - I heat set from underneath to start with so there wasn't too much 'fly away' of the embossing powder.

Next came the Fantasy Snow. It has all these chunks and balls of glitter through it and it is really fun to use! I just wanted to add the snow to the branches of the trees so I used a small palette knife. I left them overnight to dry.

Today, I created my layout. The back panel used the Decorative Snow and a stencil to create my snow background. The Decorative Snow has glitter and is so cool!


It is a shame I wasn't able to capture how sparkly this is.

The sentiment is from the HLS Christmas Joy set and I added some HLS Blue Sequins right at the end.

I would like to enter my card into these wonderful challenges -

Sweet Stampin' Christmas - Anything Christmas
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - The Heat is On - Embossing
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes + option (no option for me)
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes

Just before you go, you may like to check out the STAMPTEMBER Celebrations over at Happy Little Stampers!


Thanks for popping in today and will see you soon! xx


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Sure glad that you vertigo has gone. These are wonderful trees full of snow. They look very real. I have seen plenty as I live in Wisconsin. Believe me, they look real. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad challenge with week.

    Barbara challenge host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kylie. Love the soft colours - so cooling for 'our' hot Christmases. Bet it is really sparkly IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love that new snow, it looks so real! Hope your vertigo is gone - it's not fun at all! Really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So elegant! Thank you for linking up with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.